John Hancock, Boston, is hiring and inviting applications for a Legal Counsel job.
About John Hancock
John Hancock Life Insurance Company, U.S.A. is a Boston-based insurance company. Established on April 21, 1862, it was named in honor of John Hancock, a prominent American Patriot. In 2004, John Hancock was acquired by the multinational life insurance company Manulife Financial. It operates as an independent subsidiary.
About Legal Counsel Job Opportunity
The Legal Counsel role provides robust legal analysis, advice, and counsel/representation to support the insurance business within John Hancock, including life, annuity,
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide legal advice to John Hancock
- Advise the company of known risks and assess and report to the appropriate Company officers as to whether those risks are appropriately identified, assessed, monitored, and reported
- Engage outside counsel (when vital and appropriate) after acquiring the necessary approvals, and manage the process of selecting, hiring, monitoring, paying, and providing mentorship and direction to such outside counsel.
- Assist in sophisticated legal, regulatory, and compliance matters for insurance operations
- Responsible for research and drafting legal advice memos and communications
- Supervise legislative, regulatory, and industry developments and provide updates to BUs concerning same
- Participate in industry conferences, presentations, committees, and working groups
- May lead legal research projects/initiatives
- Provide any other legal advice that management may require and long-term care insurance.
Eligibility for Legal Counsel Job
- Member in good standing with the Bar
- Licensed to practice law in the respective jurisdiction
- Minimum 3 years of prior proven experience strongly preferred with a major law firm and/or corporation
- Experience with and knowledge of the legislative frameworks
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong influencing and organizational skills
- Thoughtful and operates with discretion
- Ability to quickly identify legal problems/risk
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.