The Law Offices of Haytham Faraj, Los Angeles invites applications from eligible candidates for the job title of legal assistant.
About Law Offices of Haytham Faraj
A premier personal injury and criminal defense law firm specializing in trial work. Haytham Faraj is the founder and principal. He is a nationally recognized trial attorney with numerous trial victories in federal and state court, in civil and criminal trials.
About the Opportunity
The Law Offices of Haytham Faraj is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant for their Los Angeles Office.
Roles and Resposibilities
- Scheduling and calendaring management for three attorneys
- Filing pleadings in different jurisdictions, being familiar with legal service platforms for required documents in Chicago and California (CA Court Reservation System, On-Call, Odyssey e-file, Pacer, and other legal services platforms)
- Communication with legal vendors, other counsel, and court reporters, scheduling and securing remote court and deposition appearances per each county’s requirements
- Finalizing documents for service, completing service on all case-related documents, utilizing proofs of service
- Support intake on cases from prospective clients, including reception services
- Summarizing appropriate information both written and verbal, and relaying messages as appropriate
- Conferring with attorneys and paralegals at every level of the Firm to provide summaries of calls
- Inputting relevant data into the Client Relationship Management system
- Minimum of two years of experience as a legal assistant or secretary
- Prior legal field experience is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Google Business Profile, and legal filing systems
- Bachelor or Associate degree required
- Paralegal certification is not required
- Spanish language skills preferred
- Completely trustworthy, exercising confidentiality in all situations
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills
- Dedicated and eager to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and accurate with exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Positive and outgoing, working best as part of a collaborative team
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting at $25 per hour
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent team culture and working environment
- Ongoing training and mentoring with industry leaders
- Unlimited opportunity for professional development in a rewarding field
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, eight hours daily
Los Angeles, California
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.