Long John Silver’s is currently accepting applications for the position of Legal Administrative Assistant at their Kentucky office.
About the Company
Long John Silver’s is America’s largest quick-service seafood chain with over 1220 units worldwide. It is a subsidiary of Yorkshire Global Restaurants, Inc., a company created in September, 1999 following a merger with A&W Restaurants, Inc.
About the Opportunity
Long John Silver’s is currently accepting applications for the position of Legal Administrative Assistant at their Kentucky office. The Assistant to the VP, General Counsel and to the Chief Financial Officer, will be responsible for a broad range of activities involving the Franchisees, Corporate Staff, Leadership Team and Committees. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Handle incoming phone calls and correspondence, identifying critical items for action.
- Quickly prioritize and initiate preliminary materials needed by each Executive.
- Be familiar with the unique aspects of each Executive’s department and responsibilities to effectively process incoming information.
- Responsible for a variety of administrative duties including timely preparation of Executives’ expense reports; and the payment of invoices (e.g., law firms, legal contractors, etc.), scanning and electronic filing of documents; tracks department budgets; co-ordinates travel arrangements and meeting registrations; prepares correspondence, reports, agendas; produces high-quality presentations.
- Interact with Accounting Department on Executives’ expense reports and processing of all invoices.
- Provide technological support on an on-going basis; uses internet-based meeting programs; is able to arrange calls and webcasts in conference rooms or from the desk and is an advanced user of Microsoft Office to support the work of both Executives.
- Interact well and coordinates efforts with Senior Executives within the organization.
- Provide back-up support for other administrative assistants on an as needed basis.
- Maintain contact and team information regarding several key constituents for the VP, General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer
- See that all matters requiring attention in the absence of the Executives are handled or referred to the proper person within the Legal or Finance Departments or the organization.
- Work with other Admin to coordinate schedule and locations for meetings with the Franchisees, Leadership and other Committees. Responsible for organizing and disseminating extensive materials for these meetings.
- Serve as support and coordinator for members of the Legal Department, including scheduling meetings, conference calls, shipping materials, supply orders and providing administrative support.
- Available to quickly assist in urgent matters such as time-sensitive issues that come up in both the Legal and Finance departments.
- Regularly prepares materials that are used organization-wide.
- Train staff on new systems and programs coming from the Finance and Legal departments.
- Develop a cost-effective system to improve on-going processes such as Legal Permissions and In-House Meetings and carries these systems through implementation.
- Prepare Power Point presentations using the LJS standard format for meetings both internally and externally.
- Assist Paralegals with the management and organization of all Retainer Agreements with outside consultants.
- Review contracts for administrative accuracy, e.g., proper use and updating of exhibits and schedules, and provide guidance to LJS staff for which Schedules and Exhibits to prepare.
- Track all Agreements from preparation to full execution and filings of same.
- Provide administrative support to the Paralegals, prepare files, edit documents, ship documents.
- College graduate preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing needs and time pressures.
- Working knowledge of the internet and Microsoft Office Suite.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Louisville, Kentucky, United States