Allstate is currently seeking applications for the post of Legal Administrative Assistant.
About the Company
The Allstate Corporation is an American insurance company, headquartered in Northfield Township, Illinois since 1967.
About the Opportunity
- This position provides administrative support for the Staff Counsel attorneys in an office under limited supervision.
- Enters and manages data, including pleadings, motions and all trial, arbitration and mediation letters; calendars and files related events in case management systems.
- Confirms related events/ activities, closes, maintains and archives files. Monitors and routes internal/external client inquiries.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Handle calls in a timely manner and ability to initiate oral and written responses to routine inquiries
- Handles some ambiguous situations and confidential information
- Ability to train others across team boundaries on various work group functions
- Ability to complete minor investigations and solve problems related to specific tasks
- Handle multiple demands on an on-going basis including familiar situations, sensitive information and some high level contact
- Monitors and maintains compliance with Team Connect (Litigation Management System)
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 2-5+ years of experience in a litigation setting or prior insurance defense experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced communication skills including the ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor with clients, customers and with fellow employees handle calls in a timely manner and ability to initiate oral and written responses to routine inquiries
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, Internet, and other web-based applications
- Ability to complete professional, error free documents utilizing good grammar, spelling and format skills, including accurate preparation of legal pleadings, agreement letters, memoranda, reports outlines, schedules and client communications
- Ability to prioritize work and organize own time
- Knowledge of work group functions and processes beyond team boundaries
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job
Compensation offered for this role is $36,000.00-$57,750.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.