USAO, Northern District of California is looking for eligible candidates for the position of law student volunteers for their office.
The USAO for the Northern District of California prosecutes all federal crimes from Monterey to the Oregon border. Approximately 100 AUSAs work in one of three offices: San Francisco, San Jose, or Oakland. The office also represents the United States and its departments and agencies in civil proceedings filed in federal court.
The San Francisco office contains approximately 60 criminal division AUSAs who prosecute a unique mix of economic, narcotics, violent, corruption, immigration, and other federal crimes.
About the Opportunity
United States Attorney’s Office, Northern District of California is looking for candidates on a rolling basis for the position of law student volunteer for their office.
Minimum Weeks Required is the school year terms (Fall and Spring) require a commitment of 20-25 hours/week.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
- Volunteer Legal Interns will primarily assist Federal Prosecutors with the prosecution and investigation of misdemeanors and felony offenses.
- In addition, they will also research and write legal briefs and memorandums of law.
- Volunteer Legal Interns must have completed one year of law school before beginning the clerkship.
- In addition, Volunteer Legal Interns must be enrolled in an accredited law school at least half-time.
- Volunteer Legal Interns must complete a background check before beginning employment.
- Law school graduation terminates eligibility for volunteer positions except for graduate law students who are enrolled at least half time and not practicing law.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
How to Apply?
Please submit a cover letter, resume, current law school transcript, and a writing sample via e-mail to: E-mail: Andrew.Liao@usdoj.gov or Maia.Perez@usdoj.gov
November 1, 2023
San Jose, CA