The Bronx District Attorney’s Office is currently seeking law students for its summer internship program.
About the Organization
The Bronx County District Attorney is the elected district attorney for Bronx County, which is coterminous with the Borough of the Bronx, in New York City. The office is responsible for the prosecution of violations of New York state laws. (Federal law in the Bronx is prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York). The current Bronx County District Attorney is Darcel Clark.
About the Opportunity
The Bronx District Attorney is committed to serving the over 1.4 million members of the Bronx County community through the Office’s groundbreaking mission of “Pursuing Justice with Integrity” by fulfilling our duty to victims and providing fairness to defendants.
Looking for a diverse staff that reflects the community we serve. The Bronx District Attorney’s Office is currently seeking law students for its summer internship program. The eight-week program will take place during the summer of 2024, commencing on June 3, 2024.
Interns work full-time, Mondays through Fridays, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Interns are assigned to a specific bureau within the Office and are directly supervised by an Assistant District Attorney.
Number of Vacancies
2 Legal Interns
Mode of Internship
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
- Through our student practice order, interns may have the opportunity to appear on the record at arraignments, calendar calls, hearings, and trials.
- Interns will observe and assist with witness interviews, hearings, and trials, listen to and transcribe 911 calls, and review police reports.
- They will participate in the decision-making process regarding offers and aid in plea negotiations.
- The interns will participate in a vigorous and engaging training program including attendance at lectures given by members of the criminal justice community and participation in several simulated practicums throughout the program.
- Finally, every effort will be made to give each intern a writing assignment that can serve as a writing sample for job searches.
- Current Law Student: JD class of 2025
- Completion of a Criminal Law class
- Selected candidates will have to pass a background check prior to the start of the internship.
- Demonstrated interest in public service and criminal law.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
$659 weekly salary