Vantage Point Consulting Inc., New York office has an opening for a Junior Paralegal in the Litigation Department.
About the Company
Established in 2009, Vantage Point Consulting has provided Staffing and Software Solutions to the US market. Some of their service offerings include, working and supporting clients within Technology, Accounting and Finance, Marketing and Administrative Services.
About the Opportunity
The Junior Paralegal applies Litigation knowledge of legal procedures to provide fundamental assistance to lawyers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform work in an efficient and cost-effective manner so as to permit the Firm to reasonably collect fees for such work; Meet expectations of billable hours target of 1,725 (unless otherwise specified);
- Perform daily case management tasks, including organizing and saving key case correspondence, pleadings, discovery, expert materials, and client documents;
- Assist attorney team with organization and maintenance of case documents, and routine monitoring of case dockets and patent activity;
- Assist with factual research in internal and external databases and coordinate with research services staff;
- Assist with deposition, hearing and trial preparation;
- Coordinate with internal resources and outside vendor services;
- Work overtime as required; and
- Handle additional projects as assigned.
- At least 1+ year legal experience (required); Intellectual Property Litigation experience (preferred); Hatch-Waxman experience (preferred);
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate (preferred); Bachelor’s Degree (preferred);
- Fundamental proficiency and understanding of the lifecycle of a litigation and working knowledge of key documents related to a litigation including, but not limited to, case correspondence, pleadings, discovery, depositions, expert discovery, trial and appellate documents;
- Advanced proficiency in software including, but not limited to, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and Acrobat Adobe;
- Fundamental proficiency in software including, but not limited to, MS PowerPoint, LiveNote, Case Notebook, Relativity and FTP software (FileZilla);
- Fundamental proficiency in online research and internet search resources (Lexis Nexis/Westlaw);
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to manage competing deadlines and assignments;
- Fundamental knowledge of Firm and Intellectual Property Litigation practice-area-specific procedures and terminology;
- Fundamental to Advanced knowledge of relevant jurisdictional/court/agency processes and procedures, including knowledge of Federal court practices, local rules and deadlines; and
- Fundamental knowledge of timekeeping and expense reporting applications.
Employees will be provided with an excellent career opportunity in a collaborative environment, in addition to a generous total compensation package with the opportunity to earn bonuses based on individual contribution and firm profitability.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.