Tesla, California, is hiring and inviting applications for a Trade Paralegal job from professionals.
About Tesla, California
Tesla, Inc. is an American multinational automotive and clean energy company headquartered in Austin, Texas. Tesla designs and manufactures electric vehicles, battery energy storage from home to grid-scale, solar panels and solar roof tiles, and related products and services.
About Trade Paralegal Job Opportunity
The Paralegal, Trade and New Markets, will be responsible for supporting the Trade and New Markets team, which handles global import/export, sanctions, and new market operations for Tesla. The position will report directly to the Associate General Counsel for Trade.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support internal trade counsel in the preparation of responses to government inquiries.
- Assist with the factual development and analysis of trade-related issues, including talking with the relevant business people, gathering and reviewing documents, and creating timelines.
- Conduct statutory, regulatory, or factual research with respect to trade matters. Such research might include investigating federal or state laws and regulations, relevant markets, company policies/procedures, and industry standards and practices.
- Preparing and submitting required filings for the U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. International Trade Administration, Office of U.S. Trade Representative, and other U.S. and foreign government entities related to import/export issues.
- Obtain services from outside vendors, including outside counsel, translation services, and consulting services.
- Help implement and update corporate policies, track employee training, and report obligations.
- Assist with reviewing compliance-related contractual language requested by customers, partners, and other business partners and develop a knowledge base for future reference.
- Analyze outside counsel and vendor bills, ensure adherence by outside counsel to billing and budgeting requirements, and audit outside counsel invoices to identify non-compliance with billing guidelines and enforce reductions.
- Assisting with the drafting, reviewing, and redlining of various legal documents
- Bachelor’s degree or ABA-approved paralegal certification.
- 3+ years of corporate paralegal experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, planning, and organizational skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and common sense skills.
- Strong drafting and editing skills.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Experience leading complex projects requiring collaboration with various functional areas.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments while ensuring timely response to requests and efficient completion of projects.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.