The City of Lubbock is inviting applications from enthusiastic and motivated candidates for the position of Part-Time Summer Law Clerk in Texas, United States.
About the Role
Research appropriate statutes and case law.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend meetings, hearings, and other court proceedings with attorneys.
- Perform title search work, memo preparation, and title updates.
- Research Municipal Law, constitutional and legislative issues, statutes, and case law.
- Research federal, state, and local statutes, and case law, and draft memoranda and legal documents accordingly.
- Draft legal opinions.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Completion of the first semester of law school.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and legal research.
- Knowledge of Westlaw, WestlawNext, LexisNexis, LexisNexis Advance; Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work twenty (20) hours per week.
- Valid Current Driver’s License.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to research statutes and case law by both traditional and electronic means;
- Ability to use a computer and reference books/materials.
- Frequently sit and occasionally stand and walk during the shift.
- Reach above, at, and below shoulder height.
- Occasionally carry up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally flex upper trunk forward, partial flexing of knees.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
July 28, 2023.
1314 Avenue K Lubbock, Texas, 79401.