HSBC Bank, New York, is hiring and inviting applications for a Senior Paralegal job.
About HSBC Bank, New York
HSBC Holdings plc is a British multinational universal bank and financial services holding company. It is the largest bank in Europe by total assets, with US$2.953 trillion as of December 2021. In 2021, HSBC had $10.8 trillion in assets under custody (AUC) and $4.9 trillion in assets under administration (AUA), respectively. HSBC traces its origin to a hong in British Hong Kong, and its present form was established in London by the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation to act as a new group holding company in 1991; its name derives from that company’s initials. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation opened branches in Shanghai in 1865 and was first formally incorporated in 1866
About Senior Paralegal Job
The Senior Paralegal will primarily be responsible for all managing all aspects of the administration of legal holds involving the company; including the ability to work cross-functionally with the Data Office, the Information Lifecycle Team, and other business units to ensure the proper identification and preservation of data relevant to the bank’s preservation obligations. direct outside counsel in the defense (and, occasionally, prosecution) of claims involving the company.
Role and Responsibilities
- Understanding of substantive legal concepts, court practices and procedures, legal research and documents, and terminology.
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of the administration of legal holds and preservation notices, including the drafting, service, acknowledgment, and release
- Knowledge and experience of record retention policies and information lifecycle management, including the risks associated with spoliation and the over-retention of data, and liaison with ILM function and key business stakeholders on record-keeping practices.
- Liaison with ILM function and other key business stakeholders on
- Ability to assist in the management of all aspects of the eDiscovery regulatory investigation and litigation lifecycle, including data identification, preservation, collection, review, production, and timely resolution, including the ability to learn the operation of business-specific electronic data stores for preservation and to lead potential collection
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree and/or certificate of completion/diploma from a paralegal studies program (preferably ABA approved) or equivalent work experience that would include a minimum of 3-5 years of proven and progressive experience as a paralegal in a law firm or corporate law environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, project management, and critical thinking, as well as verbal and written communication skills while working under the supervision of lawyers
- Proficiency with personal computers, pertinent mainframe systems, and software packages; ideally, familiarity and experience in the use of legal technology related to legal holds and record retention
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.
This position will be located in Buffalo, NY, but is potentially hybrid and/or remote.