Ontra is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the posts of US-Licensed Freelance Corporate Lawyer.
Ontra is a global legal technology company that supports leading financial services companies with their high volume, of legal contract work.
About the Opportunity
Using your legal expertise in conjunction with Ontra’s cloud-based app, Ontra Freelance Lawyers support and engage directly with clients’ in-house legal teams by negotiating and drafting their high-volume contracts.
Lawyers on our platform operate entirely remotely and without the administrative constraints of traditional legal practice as Ontra handles invoicing, billing, collections, and business development, allowing lawyers to stay focused on practising law.
Lawyers within the Ontra network leverage their legal expertise while pursuing their own career objectives or personal goals – whether that’s starting a new private practice, scaling an existing one, or simply partnering with Ontra as a supplemental means of income.
Lawyers on our platform select client engagements that suit their schedules and career goals and are supported by a team at Ontra in achieving their growth objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review and negotiate a high volume of pre-M&A contracts (including but not limited to NDAs, NRLs, joinders, service agreements and vendor contracts), quickly and efficiently;
- Consistently learn and evolve to new technologies and new features within our cloud-based app that help reduce contract turnaround time and drive efficiencies in the contract review and negotiation process;
- Directly engage, in a remote environment, with in-house legal teams at financial services companies and serve as their long-term, trusted legal advisor for their contract negotiations;
- Independently operate and execute client contract requests in a timely manner, in line with Ontra standards;
- Operate within Ontra’s cloud-based app throughout the negotiating process, and enable clients to receive data-driven solutions for their document processing needs;
- Collaborate with the internal Ontra team on an ongoing basis regarding your prospective business needs;
- Network and collaborate with other like-minded freelance professionals in the global Ontra community.
- Legal background with a top-tier law firm preferred (Magic Circle, AmLaw 100, or a similar large international law firm), but not required;
- Thorough understanding or experience drafting and negotiating pre-M&A agreements is preferred;
- Experience working with Asset Management, Investment Banking, or other Financial Services clientele is desired;
- Active license and in good standing with your state bar;
- Maintains and/or is willing to obtain malpractice insurance.
In case of any queries, please contact via email at email@example.com