Netflix is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the Project Manager, Legal Documents post for its office in Los Gatos, California.
Netflix is an American subscription video-on-demand over-the-top streaming service owned and operated by Netflix, Inc.
Netflix is changing the way more than 232 million subscribers around the world enjoy entertainment. As a company, we challenge industry norms by pushing one another to think creatively about complex questions.
About the Opportunity
As Netflix continues to grow and expand, we are looking for a motivated, highly organized and curious professional to join the legal team to project manage updates to legal terms and other relevant documents.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally with the Localization, Consumer Protection, Privacy, and Engineering Teams to ensure our legal documents are launched and updated smoothly.
The ideal candidate has a “hands-on” attitude, the ability to manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines, good communication skills, and welcomes the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and highly collaborative organization.
- Responsible for configuration, administrative management, publication, and technical maintenance of the different legal terms and privacy statements (corporate and studio);
- Function as a program manager and owner to track progress of multiple legal terms, working with teams to communicate deadlines, unblock issues, and liaise with outside counsel to bring continual and timely delivery;
- Create, log, and maintain best practices & resource guides to ensure the quality and accuracy of the legal terms workflow;
- Work in collaborative partnership with teams such as Legal, Content Editor, Customer Service, Localization, Product and Engineering across various repositories, systems and programs to increase the operational efficiency of the legal terms publication process and to drive product and customer experience improvements;
- Organize, log, and maintain accurate metrics for legal document management reports.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail in executing and reviewing work products to ensure the highest quality deliverables;
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally, demonstrating leadership, influencing, and execution skills at the executive level;
- Strong project management and organizational skills with an ability to translate complex ideas into simple and intuitive communications;
- Ability to communicate effectively and to collaborate with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to work proactively, independently with little guidance, and reliably under tight schedules and with competing priorities;
- Solution-driven mindset with the ability to think strategically, but also to use good judgment to build scalable processes and escalate matters that require urgent attention;
- Flexibility and patience to work across different time zones to connect with international teams;
- Experience with the management of legal documents is highly desirable;
- Fluency in one or more different languages is a plus.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $140,000 – $650,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.