UN Women is inviting applications for a Programme Consultant job at UN Women, New York from legal professionals.
About UN Women
UN Women is grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls, the empowerment of women, and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace, and security.
About UN Job New York Opportunity
UN Women is inviting applications for a Programme Coordination Consultant job at UN Women, New York from legal professionals for a period of 4 months starting September 2022.
Role and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Policy Specialist, Ending Violence Against Women and Girls/ Thematic Lead, Action Coalition on Gender-Based Violence;
- The programme coordinator will provide overall support and coordination to the fulfillment of UN Women’s convening and leadership roles in the Action Coalition on GBV including to the action Coalition leadership structures and commitment makers to ensure the efficiency of operations administration, communications, programme coordination, and knowledge management;
- Provide overall coordination, operational and technical support to Action Coalition on Gender-Based Violence;
- Provide coordination support to strategic partnerships and relationship management;
- Provide support to advocacy, knowledge sharing, and communication efforts of the Action Coalition on GBV.
- A Master’s degree (or equivalent) in political or social science, social work, international human rights law, development studies, and gender/women’s studies is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with three additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in policy and programme coordination/management in the area of violence against women at the country/ multi-country or regional level;
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience working with multiple stakeholders including governments, civil society, and youth organizations, and coordination and planning processes at the international level.
- Proficient skills in the development of technical documents and inputs related to EVAW including research, analysis, and writing with 5 years of experience.
- Experience in contributing to normative and policy processes related to gender equality and gender-based violence.
- Experience in the United Nations systems is an asset.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.
September 2022-December 2022 [4 months]