Office of Chief Counsel, IRS, is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join their Kentucky team and gain valuable experience in a legal environment.
The Internal Revenue Service is the revenue service for the United States federal government, which is responsible for collecting U.S. federal taxes and administering the Internal Revenue Code, the main body of the federal statutory tax law.
About the Opportunity
IRS’ mission is to serve America’s taxpayers fairly and with integrity by providing correct and impartial interpretation of the internal revenue laws and the highest quality legal advice and representation for the IRS.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Paralegal Specialist, you will:
- Review legal and administrative files to analyze facts and issues. Determine if jurisdiction is correct.
- Review petitioner’s settlement proposal. Communicate settlement recommendation, if appropriate, to supervising attorney. Draft counsel settlement memorandum and decision documents. Schedule and conduct conferences with petitioner and/or their representative.
- Assist with trial preparation. Conduct legal, IDRS and internet research. Locate witnesses, draft subpoenas, interview witnesses. Assist attorneys in the maintenance of compilation of trial exhibits, stipulation of facts, etc. Monitor trial deadlines.
- Assist with identifying and hiring expert witnesses and preparation of the expert witness procurement package. Monitor the status of expert witness contracts. Assist with closing cases taking into account the statute of limitations.
- Assist with the review of taxpayer Offers-in-Compromise to determine whether all necessary documents are present and accurate and whether Counsel approval is warranted. Assist attorneys with handling cases filed in the U.S. District Court or the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
$57,118 – $97,462 a year
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
April 06, 2023