Honda company is looking for an individual to fill the position of Paralegal II for their office in Torrance.
About the Organization
Honda Motor Co., Ltd. ’Honda Institute of Technology and Industry Company’ is a Japanese public multinational conglomerate manufacturer of automobiles, motorcycles, and power equipment, headquartered in Minato, Tokyo, Japan.
Honda has been the world’s largest motorcycle manufacturer since 1959, reaching a production of 400 million by the end of 2019. It is also the world’s largest manufacturer of internal combustion engines measured by volume, producing more than 14 million internal combustion engines each year
About the Opportunity
Warranty or “Lemon Law” litigation has rapidly climbed the list of pressing concerns facing Honda because of the significant expense that the company now pays annually to resolve these matters. California has become the most critical for Honda in this area due to the volume of cases in that jurisdiction, which is more than the rest of the country combined.
Not only have the number of cases going up, but so has the workload per case as plaintiffs’ attorneys are now undertaking significant litigation activities to drive up fees. Although this position will sometimes deal with litigation outside of California, it will be dedicated primarily to warranty litigation in California. As the Paralegal in this role, you will be responsible for coordinating discovery and other important case matters as directed to defend Honda in this area of law.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate discovery efforts related to warranty litigation.
- Coordinate documentation required for settlements, including agreements and payoff information.
- Respond to inquiries as needed for claim and lawsuit information based on business needs.
- Other business requirements as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of Paralegal experience in a Corporate Law department OR law firm handling litigation matters.
- Bachelor’s degree and Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved Paralegal Program preferred.
$70,400 to $105,600
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link given below.