Allstate is currently seeking applications for the post of paralegal.
About the Company
The Allstate Corporation is an American insurance company, headquartered in Northfield Township, Illinois since 1967.
About the Opportunity
- Provide paralegal support for Litigation Services attorneys.
- Prepare pleadings and motions under general attorney supervision
- Facilitate the discovery process, including: obtaining records, reviewing documents, interviewing clients, preparing trial materials, and summarizing and analyzing research. Identifies, summarizes, and monitors relevant issues.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review new file assignments, draft initial pleadings (e.g. answer, motion, etc.), and draft discovery
- Prepare brief to assist client in presenting case in small claims court
- Draft responses to discovery demands
- Assist clients in answering questions regarding discovery
- Review and serve responses to discovery demands
- Assist attorney in preparing materials for trial, arbitration or mediation
- Assist with the identification and summarizing of relevant issues; continually monitor issues and update attorney, as appropriate
- Review new and proposed legislation and determine applicability
- Education: Bachelor’s degree AND one-year Paralegal experience OR Paralegal certificate AND two years Paralegal experience, ABA approved Paralegal Certificate preferred
- Insurance-industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of legal holds and discovery processes
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify, prioritize and solve problems effectively regarding basic matters
- Ability to work in diverse, multi-office, and long-distance environment
- Basic budget management skills and ability to reconcile expense reports
- Basic project management skills and experience interacting with law firm/vendors
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Basic researching, proofreading, and formatting skills
- Strong intermediate MS office suite experience
- Ability to collaborate and interact with all levels of personnel and build strong relationships with business colleagues
- High degree of ethics and integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills, advanced written and oral communication and effective customer service skills
- Ability to identify inconsistencies in routine work and initiate corrective action within own workflow
- Able to deliver results with a sense of urgency
- Adapts well to change; able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Is a proactive self-starter who is able to manage his/her time effectively and work independently
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Ability to work within a remote work office scenario and occasionally work in the Glendale office as necessary
Compensation offered for this role is $42,500.00 to $83,000.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Los Angeles, CA