Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P. is seeking applications for the post of Litigation Docketing Specialist at Kansas City, Missouri, USA.
About Shook, Hardy & Bacon
Shook, Hardy & Bacon (SHB), L.L.P. is a U.S. law firm based in Kansas City, Missouri. The firm has offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Boston.
About the Opportunity
The Docketing Specialist is responsible for providing multi-jurisdictional litigation calendaring and docketing services to litigation teams in the firm’s docketing management software. This position requires an in-depth understanding of federal, state, and local rules as well as practices and procedures for multiple practice areas. Strong data management skills required with prior hands-on working experience with BEC Docket Enterprise preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reviews documents for relevant dates and enters deadlines into the firm’s docketing/calendaring system, BEC (or similar docketing software), following docketing policies and procedures.
- Creates, reviews and distributes calendar and case reports.
- Responds to requests from litigation team members regarding docketed events and deadlines, court procedures and rules.
- Works independently to recognize docketing anomalies and conducts appropriate research to resolve same.
- Assists in the investigation of docket issues and implementing solutions to mitigate future issues, if needed.
- Creates and maintains documentation for docketing processes, procedures, guidelines and practices.
- Provides back-up support to Client Service Specialists and Legal Operations Specialists.
- Stays abreast of industry best practices, docketing system(s) and technical considerations to present options to enhance the practice, increase efficiencies, and meet client needs.
- Assists with ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and at least two years of litigation docketing experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of litigation processes, court rules, and procedures including how to conduct electronica research of court case dockets.
- Comprehensive knowledge of specific department and client guidelines, practices and procedures.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner with a high level of quality and attention to detail.
- Effectively set priorities, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate in an effective manner with attorneys, clients and co-workers.
Shook, Hardy & Bacon provides a competitive salary and comprehensive salary and benefits package for professional staff which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, retirement plan with a generous contribution plan, and paid time off.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Kansas City, Missouri, United States