Wisniewski & Associates, seeks an attorney, licensed in NJ and NY, with 1-5 years of experience for its estate planning & administration and litigation practice.
About the Company
Wisniewski & Associates is a general practice law firm with extensive experience representing private clients and a variety of governmental entities.
About the Opportunity
All candidates must be able to work independently and have excellent research, writing and communication skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Meet with clients and review client information; confer with managing member and associate attorneys.
- Research laws, statutes, ordinances, regulations, court opinions, including precedents and reasoning, and trends using Westlaw and standard print texts.
- Develop strategy by anticipating how the law applies to client’s situation; identify and evaluate legal options; preparing contracts, documents and memorandum, apply legal precedents to the client’s situation; explain legal strategies and potential actions and obtain client approval for a course of action.
- Prepare matters by gathering documents, facts and other material required for the representation; attending meetings, hearings, conference calls, and client meetings; review investigative findings; consult with and engage experts; prepare and interview witnesses; develop arguments and testimony; complete filings, and submissions; supervise paralegals.
- Manage files by monitoring schedules; expediting requirements; obtaining and forwarding information.
- Appear on behalf of clients or support other attorneys in the firm at meetings or hearings; organizing exhibits and evidence; taking notes; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses arrive as scheduled.
- Helps clients by initiating and maintaining contact; preparing clients; keeping clients informed of case status.
- Updates knowledge by participating in continuing educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Applicants must possess a Juris Doctor degree from a U.S. accredited law school and have been admitted to the practice of law in New Jersey.
- Admission in New York is a plus.
- A successful candidate will have 1 to 5 years relevant legal experience, must be able to maintain client confidentiality, have excellent research, written communication, oral communication and presentation skills and have an ability to analyze and digest information.
Competitive salary, health, dental and vision benefits, bar membership, continuing education, life insurance, disability insurance and 401(k).
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Edison, New Jersey, United States