Kovitz Shifrin Nesbit is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the position of Litigation Associate Attorney in Chicago, Illinois.
About Kovitz Shifrin Nesbit
Kovitz Shifrin Nesbit is one of the law firms specializing in the representation of condominium and homeowner associations.
About the Opportunity
Kovitz Shifrin Nesbit is seeking a full-time Litigation Associate with 4-8 years of experience for the position of Litigation Associate Attorney in Chicago, Illinois.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of Illinois trial court rules and procedures.
- Court appearances on behalf of clients in courts throughout the Chicagoland area.
- Drafting pleadings and briefs, drafting, and responding to written discovery, and conducting depositions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and provide regular litigation status updates to clients.
- Ability to advise clients on all aspects of the litigation procedure, including settlement.
- Travel throughout the Chicagoland area is required.
- Work with multiple clients.
- Any other duties as necessary or required.
- Candidates must be licensed in Illinois and possess litigation experience.
- Experience with general civil litigation, including drafting pleadings and briefs, drafting, and responding to written discovery, and conducting depositions.
- Mediation and arbitration experience preferred. Knowledge of and experience with the Illinois Condominium Property Act is preferred, but not required.
- The ideal candidate must have strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be comfortable working independently yet be a team player.
- Able to think on your feet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to manage a heavy and varied workload.
- Team player with the ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task.
- Awareness of changes to Illinois Statutes/Case Law.
- Able to learn new skills effectively and efficiently.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Willingness to strive for the highest quality and client service possible.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.