JPMorgan Chase & Co. are inviting application from interested candidates for the position of a Legal Team Manager at multiple locations.
About the Company
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an American multinational financial services firm headquartered in New York City and incorporated in Delaware. It is the largest bank in the United States and the world’s largest bank by market capitalization (as of 2023). As the largest of Big Four banks, the firm is considered systemically important by the Financial Stability Board.
The firm is headquartered at 383 Madison Avenue in Midtown Manhattan and is set to move into the under-construction JPMorgan Chase Building in 2025.
About the Opportunity
The Commercial Banking’s Government, Healthcare, Higher Education, and Not-For-Profit (GHHN) Legal team provides transactional and strategic legal support for those businesses within Commercial Banking in the use of all non-credit products, as well as general legal advice.
The person in this position will play a key role in advising the business and providing day-to-day support to the business and the team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of lawyers advising the GHHN business on non-credit products and general matters
- Provide legal advice in response to Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and work closely with the RFP team on best practices
- Draft, negotiate and advise the business on a wide range of documentation, including contracts awarded through RFPs, bid protests and disclosure requests
- Oversee the Due Diligence Process conducted by our Shared Services Legal team and a 50 state playbook project
- Participate in new product approval for appropriateness for sale to GHHN clients
- Advise the businesses on key legal/regulatory issues (in collaboration with key control and compliance partners), including litigation matters, “fair access”, RAMP, pay to play and procurement laws, along with proposed legislation impacting GHHN
- Minimum of seven (7) years post-admission practicing experience with a major law firm, financial institution or judicial clerkship relevant to the responsibilities of the position
- JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including those of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment
- Experience working in or with Governments, Healthcare providers, Higher Education institutions or Not-For-Profit organizations
- Ability to lead and drive teams to institute change and collaborate across a variety of functional areas
- Ability to prioritize work, manage a large number of matters at one time, and interact with senior management and other stakeholders in CB and other LOBs
- Management experience
- Knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations applicable to this client segment, including Uniform Commercial Code Articles 3, 4, and 4A, financial services laws and regulations, HIPPA, privacy laws, False Claims Act and state law equivalents, lobbying and pay-to-play laws, Responsible Banking Ordinances and other procurement related laws and regulations
- Experience working with wholesale payment solutions
- Experience in government contracting and the procurement process
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflict of interest clearance review prior to the commencement of employment
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link given below.
The position will be based in Plano, TX, Columbus, OH, Chicago, IL, or another approved location.