Thomson Reuters, Washington is hiring and inviting applications for a Legal Reporter job from professionals.
About Thomson Reuters, Washington
Thomson Reuters Corporation is a Canadian multinational media conglomerate. The company was founded in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, where it is headquartered at the Bay Adelaide Centre.
About Legal Reporter Job Opportunity
Thomson Reuters, Washington is seeking a Legal Reporter to hit the ground running covering litigation in courts across the U.S. The Legal Reporter will have the instincts and sources to deliver distinctive coverage of high-stakes court cases, emerging trends in litigation and other news of interest to legal professionals, as well as a wider audience.
Role and Responsibilities
- Write about high-profile court filings, rulings, and hearings daily and identify broader trends and bellwether cases as they develop
- Have a deep understanding of the field, established sources and an ability to write quickly and accurately with valuable insight for legal professionals, as well as a wider audience
- Stay on top of spot news and be continually pitching deeper dives and enterprise pieces
- Demonstrate beat expertise and dominance
- Collaborate with our data and video teams to develop initiative and multimedia stories
- Work seamlessly with Reuters teammates
Eligibility for Legal Reporter job
- An ambition to break news, a commitment to accuracy and keen attention to detail
- A minimum of five years of experience as a journalist
- Previous experience covering courts and/or demonstrated ability to understand legal issues and report and write about them clearly
- California, New York or Washington, D.C. area is preferred; location may be flexible for the right candidate
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.
- Cover Letter