Bloomberg, New York is inviting applications for a Legal Reporter job from law professionals.
Bloomberg delivers business and markets news, data, analysis, and video to the world, featuring stories from Businessweek and Bloomberg News.
About Job Opportunity
Bloomberg, New York is seeking an ambitious and enterprising reporter to cover the top federal prosecutor overseeing Wall Street: The Southern District of New York for the Legal Reporter job.
Role and Responsibilities
- The ideal candidate will combine a thirst for breaking news with the tenacity to pursue and execute big, impactful stories.
- You’ll need to have the ability to source with prosecutors, defense attorneys, and law enforcement to keep Bloomberg ahead of competitors on major financial crime news stories.
- You will be able to quickly recognize important news and set the agenda on major stories where the Southern District is involved.
- You will break down complicated legal concepts into readily understandable prose that cuts to the heart of why any given case matters to the Bloomberg reader.
- You will be able to write both quick-hit pieces and longer stories that dive into compelling topics, profiles, or court cases.
- Break news in a challenging and competitive environment.
- Be a resourceful, dynamic team player and a self-starting individual contributor.
- Work under tight deadlines and collaborate with reporters and editors across many bureaus.
Eligibility for Legal Reporter job
- 7 or more years of journalism experience, preferably including coverage of legal or financial matters.
- A proven track record of scoops.
- Sound news judgment and a strong sense of urgency.
- Experience working in a real-time and agile news environment.
- Ability to track legal developments with great attention to detail.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.