Hermès, New York is looking for a Legal Counsel to join their legal team and support their business goals by providing legal advice, risk analysis, and liability management, through legal documentation and strategy.
Hermès is a French luxury design house established in 1837.
About the Opportunity
The Legal Counsel is expected to work closely with the general counsel to manage the administration functions of the Hermès USA legal department. The Legal Counsel is to report directly to the VP, General Counsel, providing a wide array of legal services and guidance to the Hermes USA affiliate.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support real estate teams with advice regarding LOIs, leases, lease administration, rent and CAM payments.
- Review and draft contracts for special events, artist collaborations, production companies, technology and service contracts.
- Monitor relevant new federal, state and local laws and legal trends in all states where Hermes operates such as privacy, anti-trust, employment, consumer protection.
- Monitor and update General terms and conditions and legal disclosures on Hermes website in collaboration with local digital team and Group legal team.
- Prepare and negotiate AIA construction contracts for construction projects in USA.
- Support HR team with advice relating to employee matters
- Collaborate with Group Compliance officer and internal control on compliance activities in the USA and work on internal practices and policies.
- Collaborate with US director of internal programs on corporate social responsibility policies and programs.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with top nationally recognized law firm.
- Ability to work in cross cultural/cross collaborative legal environment
- Ability to communicate and provide sound legal advice which balances business needs against legal risks
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to provide business-oriented strategic, practical advice and creative solutions
- Proven ability to handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion and integrity
- Technical writing and drafting skills capability
- Fluency in Spanish written and/or spoken a plus
Between $137,156.86.00 – $228,594.00 Actual rates are determined based on the job, location, and individual experience.
New York, USA
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.