The Americas Division of Assa Abloy opening solutions is seeking an Employment Counsel who will provide support in legal matters across all verticals and business units within the division.
About the Organization
People have made them the global leader in access solutions. In return, the open doors for them wherever they go. With nearly 52,000 colleagues in more than 70 different countries, they help billions of people experience a more open world. Their innovations make all sorts of spaces – physical and virtual – safer, more secure, and easier to access.
As an employer, they value results – not titles, or backgrounds. They empower people to build their careers around their aspirations and ambitions – supporting them with regular feedback, training, and development opportunities. The colleagues think broadly about where they can make the most impact, and it encourages them to grow their role locally, regionally, or even internationally.
About the Opportunity
This role will primarily focus on employment-related matters, but may also include support as needed across other legal disciplines. This exciting opportunity will be based at the Americas Corporate headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the ideal candidate will handle a variety of employment related matters across the various businesses.
The ideal candidate will embody and promote integrity, possess exceptional judgment and business acumen, and be able to drive scalable processes and pragmatic solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supporting the General Counsel and Human Resources teams with documentation in connection with on-boarding and off-boarding employees, including offer letters, employment agreements, restrictive covenants, confidentiality agreements, and IP assignment agreements;
- Managing all aspects of dispute resolution, investigations, and litigation, including assessing new employment related charges, complaints, and demand letters, and engaging and supervising outside counsel;
- Providing guidance on employment-related legal requirements in the various locations where the company operates, and conduct periodic site-specific audits to evaluate / ensure compliance with applicable requirements;
- Advising on internal HR policies and procedures, including updating employee handbooks for employees in the US, Canada, and Latin America;
- Managing internal investigations relating to employment matters;
- Providing counsel and advice on all employment related issues, including wage & hour compliance, discipline and terminations, internal investigations, reasonable accommodations, leaves of absence, work permits, discrimination, and enforcement of restrictive covenants;
- Assisting all businesses within the division to develop and implement policies, procedures and training programs to ensure compliance with employment laws;
- Coordinating with the risk management team on insurance for litigation matters.
- JD degree from a recognized U.S. accredited law school, and current license to practice in at least one state AND 6+ years of legal experience (including at least 2 years with a nationally recognized law firm) and, ideally, prior in-house experience.
- Strong experience in employment law.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to create and sustain lasting relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office.
- The judicious independent workers are also adept at working collaboratively.
- Sound legal and business judgment and the ability to make strategic decisions and provide recommendations.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple transactions and projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Ability to identify and prioritize issues, and to focus on implementing both top-level, strategic solutions and day-to-day initiatives.
- Significant experience counseling global organizations on commercial issues.
- Ability to deliver in a demanding and entrepreneurial environment in a timely manner.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link given below.
September 18, 2023.
New Haven, CT, US