Shearman & Sterling, NYC are expanding its legal team for their New York office. They are inviting applications for an entry-level Legal Assistant job from professionals.
About Shearman & Sterling
Shearman & Sterling LLP is a multinational law firm headquartered in New York City, United States. The firm’s lawyers come from some 80 countries, speak more than 60 languages and practice US, English, EU, French, Spanish, German, Hong Kong, and Saudi law, as well as Dubai International Financial Centre law and Abu Dhabi Global Market law. Nearly one-half of the firm’s lawyers practice outside the United States
About Job Opportunity
Shearman & Sterling are expanding its legal team for their New York office. They are inviting applications for an entry-level Legal Assistant job from professionals.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with document retrieval, review, organization, and production.
- Maintain case pleadings, correspondence, discovery, and research.
- Compile document collection, production, and privilege logs; prepare exhibit lists.
- Coordinate depositions and prepare witness kits.
- Conduct legal research using Bloomberg, Lexis, Westlaw Next, Pacer, etc.
- Coordinate work with outside document and litigation vendors.
- Assist with court filings, including adherence to strict deadlines.
- Cite-check, Shepardize, and Bluebook briefs; prepare tables of contents and authorities, assemble accompanying exhibits.
- Prepare and release daily diaries and weekly timesheets.
- Assist with special projects, e.g., monitoring topics of interest to attorneys, coordinating meetings, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Eligibility for Legal Assistant Job, NYC
- BS/BA degree.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.
NYC, New York