Horwitz, Horwitz, and Associates, Chicago are looking for candidates to work as Legal Assistants on full-time basis.
About the Organization
Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates is a Chicago, Illinois law firm that focuses its practices in personal injury, workers’ compensation, nursing home abuse and neglect, and wrongful death law. Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates has won numerous verdicts and settlements throughout Illinois, totaling over $1 billion.
Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates won what was the largest non-death compensatory personal injury verdict in Illinois history as noted by the Illinois Jury Verdict Reporter.
About the Opportunity
The Legal Assistant is self-motivated, deadline conscious, has proven scheduling and calendar management skills, and is able to complete tasks in a thorough and efficient manner. The person in this role supports and works very closely with the Attorney in all day-to-day tasks and provides an outstanding client experience.
The ideal candidate has strong time management skills and is able to effectively manage conflicting priorities, while understanding the needs of both the client and Attorney.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage multiple calendars with a high awareness of deadlines
- Anticipate the needs of the attorney and next steps of the process when coordinating and scheduling meetings
- Electronically file motions and orders with the court
- Docket court orders for Common Law attorneys
- Schedule client visits, depositions, mediations, and pre-meetings
- Coordinate court instructions and appearances
- Draft correspondence to clients and opposing counsel
- Efficiently and effectively complete all assignments, tasks, and client calls
- Maintain the integrity of the file in our case management system
- Act as a liaison between the client and Attorney providing an excellent client experience
- Actively participate in trial support and preparation
- Effectively communicate with the clients while demonstrating empathy and understanding of their case
- Process and distribute all incoming and outgoing checks for clients
- Recognize and communicate escalated or urgent matters to Attorney in a timely manner
- Assist in creating efficiencies in the day-to-day workflow and processes
- Collaborate with internal team members and contribute to the team driven dynamics
- Other duties as assigned by Attorney or Leadership
- 1 year minimum experience as a Legal Assistant/Legal Secretary required
- 1 year minimum experience in scheduling and calendar management required
- 2 years minimum experience in personal injury is highly preferred
- Proven time management skills and deadline conscious
- Superior attention to detail and a high level of organization skills
- Self- motivated and goal driven
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service to both internal and external clients
- Able to work both independently and contribute to a positive team environment
- Ability to read, write, and converse in Spanish is strongly preferred
The compensation range is $46,000 – $52,000 annually, depending on experience
- Health Insurance – HHA covers 100% of Employee Only premium
- Dental, Vision & Gift Life Insurance
- 401k & Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (plus Birthday & Holidays)
- Casual dress code and engaging work environment
- Great location near public transit, parks, and shopping
- Potential to work a hybrid in-office/remote schedule after the onboarding period
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link given below.