Herbert Smith Freehills, New York is expanding its legal team and inviting applications for the Legal Assistant job from professionals.
About Herbert Smith Freehills, New York
Herbert Smith Freehills is an international law firm with headquarters in London, United Kingdom, and Sydney, Australia. It was formed on 1 October 2012 by a merger between the United Kingdom-based Herbert Smith, then a member of the “Silver Circle” of leading UK law firms, and Freehills, one of the “Big Six” Australian law firms. As of 2018, it is the 29th largest law firm in the world by revenue.
About Job Opportunity
Herbert Smith Freehills, New York is expanding its legal team and inviting applications for the Legal Practice Assistant job from professionals. The Legal Practice Assistant (PA) will provide secretarial and administrative support at a consistent and high standard to partners, fee-earners, and Business Services staff in the practice group to meet client requirements and deadlines to deliver an exceptional client experience.
Role and Responsibilities
- Deliver high-quality, accurate work whilst managing deadlines, responding to change, and the competing priorities of all work.
- Coordinate and produce accurate Herbert Smith Freehills’ compliant documents and correspondence (including draft engagement and billing letters). Meet required deadlines and negotiate alternate timeframes when necessary. Utilize other services as appropriate.
- Establish effective work practices with partners and fee- earners to manage the matter life cycle from file opening to closure/archival. This includes adhering to the firm’s conflicts process, managing information barriers, contributing to the effective management of electronic and hard copy content and active legal project management.
- Implement effective telephone call management and other communication work practices. Ensure callers and other parties receive consistent, high-quality service and their expectations are managed. Take all steps necessary to ensure that team members are aware of partners’, fee-earners’, and your own movements.
- Manage partner and fee-earner internal and external appointments with appropriate meeting lead and travel times, assisting with meeting preparation and the coordination of post meeting actions (this includes coordinating/printing documentation and organizing meeting room logistics as required).
- Coordinate detailed travel arrangements for the assigned partners and fee-earners including appropriate visa documentation and domestic and international itineraries.
- Arrange lunches and dinners and other events as required, including reviewing venues and menu planning and ensuring costs are maintained against budget.
- Manage own email and partner and fee-earners email as required. This includes timely filing of emails (including hard copy filing where necessary), filtering incoming correspondence, and proactively dealing with queries and meeting invites. Deal with hard copy mail/post in the same manner.
Eligibility for Legal Assistant job
- Spanish Proficiency Required
- Typing speed minimum of 55wpm with 98% accuracy.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level with the Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build effective and trusting relationships with people internally and externally to the firm.
- Proven high-level organizational and time management skills with the ability to think ahead, prioritize workload, respond to and manage to change circumstances, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good judgment and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated high-level experience as a Secretary/PA working in a professional services environment (legal experience is desired).
Permanent and Full time
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.