Donahue Law Firm, Oregon is expanding its legal team and inviting applications for its legal assistant job from professionals.
About Donahue Law Firm
The Donahue Law Firm is a criminal defense law firm serving Bend, Oregon, and the surrounding areas.
About Job Opportunity
Donahue Law Firm, Oregon is expanding its legal team and inviting applications for its legal assistant job from professionals across the country who has great people skills and would love managing clients and their cases, is comfortable with technology, loves criminal law, and is excited about personal and professional growth.
Role and Responsibilities
- Answer phones
- Communicate with clients, gathering necessary documents and information to begin building a case.
- Manage all administrative responsibilities in the legal office
- Manage attorney’s schedule.
- Meets with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Drafts legal documents including routine pleadings and motions, affidavits, and interrogatories; files motions and pleadings according to judicial procedures.
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provides written analysis to attorneys.
- Interviews clients and witnesses and prepares summaries of their statements.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- Assists attorneys with trial preparation, which may include attending trials and hearings.
- Develops and maintains records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Eligibility for Legal Assistant job
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Associate degrees are preferred
- Some related experiences are preferred.
- Microsoft Office: 1 year is preferred
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.