Morgan & Morgan, California is hiring and inviting applications for a Legal Assistant job from professionals.
About Morgan & Morgan, California
Morgan & Morgan is an American personal injury law firm headquartered in Orlando, Florida. The law firm was founded in 1988 by John Morgan. Morgan & Morgan bills itself as “America’s Largest Injury Law Firm.” The firm has over 3,000 employees, including 700 lawyers in 49 states.
About Legal Assistant Job Opportunity
They are seeking a qualified Legal Assistant to join our team. As a Legal Assistant, you will manage the law firm’s day-to-day operations, including carrying out administrative services and supporting the legal team. This position’s ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving skills, and comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic workplace.
Role and Resposibilities
- Perform administrative duties (scheduling calendar hearings and deadlines, organizing case files, managing logistics)
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs, and appendices
- Implement and improve upon administrative processes for more efficient workflow
- Collect, examine, and organize the evidence and other legal documents for attorney review and case preparation
- Draft and proofread correspondence and legal documents, such as pleadings and contracts
- Research regulations, laws, and legal articles to assist with the preparation of reports, case files, and legal advice
- Manage client billing by preparing, finalizing, and sending out bills, as well as resolving billing issues in cooperation with the billing attorney
- Communicate with clients and witnesses to schedule meetings, interviews, and depositions
- Manage, organize, and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing systems
Eligibility for Legal Assistant Job
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Associate degree in paralegal studies, a paralegal certificate, or a bachelor’s degree is preferred
- At least 2 years of experience as an administrative assistant (preferably in a law firm or in a corporate legal department), legal assistant, legal secretary, or paralegal
- Experience in Personal Injury, Workers’ Compensation, Premises, or other injury-related practice areas. (preferred)
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, prioritize, handle a fast-paced environment, and manage workload with a great attitude and minimal supervision
- Great written and communication skills, be proficient in calendar depositions, mediation, and hearings
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules, procedures, practices, etc.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.
Los Angeles, California