Hooks Meng & Clement PLLC is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the position of Legal Administrative Assistant in Carson City, Nevada.
About Hooks Meng & Clement PLLC
HMC is an organization that specializes in providing its clients with solutions for their industrial regulatory challenges (Industrial Relations Law). They defend employers, insurers, third-party administrators, and others in the areas of workers’ compensation, subrogation, occupational safety & health, subsequent injury, and related areas.
About the Opportunity
Hooks Meng & Clement PLLC is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the job title Legal Administrative Assistant in Carson City, Nevada.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct legal research, when necessary, with guidance from attorneys and paralegals.
- Ensure client billing is processed properly using daily time records.
- Work with attorneys and paralegals to create various legal documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation.
- Proofread documents as needed.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Schedule meetings, conference calls, and various appointments for the team.
- Make copies, fax, and scan documents.
- Prepare packets for hearings and courts.
- Accept other administrative tasks as needed to assist the team and ensure the firm runs smoothly.
- Responsible for supporting attorneys by performing a variety of administrative duties.
- Answer phones, take messages, and assist callers.
- Communicate with court personnel, opposing counsel, and clients.
- Organize files and upload documents to appropriate matters.
- Type various letters to interested parties.
- Request new matter numbers and close files as required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate Degree or higher preferred.
- Must be able to type 50 wpm or faster with a high rate of accuracy.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of standard office software, including all Microsoft Office products.
- Candidates must have worked with legal software, case management, and docketing programs.
- Experience in the legal industry is highly desired.
- Familiarity with legal documents and terminology.
- Ability to provide excellent customer experience, utilizing strong customer service for frequent interaction with court personnel, opposing counsel, and clients.
- As we are largely paperless, you will need to understand how to work in a digital environment with PDFs and other digital formats.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team with attorneys and other staff.
- May require a valid Nevada Driver’s license.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Carson City, Nevada.