Shook, Hardy & Bacon L. L. P. , USA has an immediate opening for an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant to join its legal team.
About Shook, Hardy & Bacon
Shook, Hardy & Bacon (SHB), L.L.P. is a U.S. law firm based in Kansas City, Missouri. In 2012, The firm has offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Boston.
About the Opportunity
Focusing on litigation, the chosen candidate will draft and prepare correspondence, manage calendars and provide clerical, administrative and organizational support to attorneys, paralegals and analysts. In addition, there will be considerable opportunity to collaborate with teams in other Shook offices and learn more about other practice groups.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Draft and prepare legal correspondence.
- Manage calendars and provide clerical, administrative and organizational support to multiple attorneys, paralegals and analysts.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, ability to work on several projects.
- Simultaneous participation in on-going learning and development, and demonstration of initiative and mentoring teammates.
- Must be able to type 50 WPM and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three years related experience.
ALS, PLS or CPS certification or a paralegal certificate will be considered in lieu of experience.
- An Associate’s Degree is preferred.
- Must have basic legal terminology and an awareness of court filing requirements.
- Must be able to use legal citations and apply to firm documents.
- Skilled in the use of a redlining tool.
- Working knowledge of basic office functions.
Shook, Hardy & Bacon provides a competitive salary and comprehensive salary and benefits package for professional staff which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, retirement plan with a generous contribution plan, and paid time off.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Kansas City, Missouri, United States