Immigration Law Group (ILG) has an immediate opening for a bilingual Junior Associate Attorney for their Hempstead office.
About the Firm
Immigration Law Group is a 12-attorney, immigration-only law firm located in Nassau County which is driven by their mission to help the predominantly Central American communities. They accomplish this by providing competent, honest and reasonably-priced services in an effort to assist the clients in procuring or enhancing immigration benefits, avoiding negative enforcement consequences, helping reunite families and applying for difficult humanitarian relief such as Asylum in order to avoid persecution in home countries.
About the Opportunity
Immigration Law Group (ILG) has an immediate opening for a bilingual Junior Associate Attorney (1-3 Years Experience) to join their growing national immigration practice.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Multi-task within a high-volume practice
- Apprehend complex statutory and caselaw-driven concepts quickly
- Litigating removal/deportation defense cases before the Immigration Courts, Board of Immigration Appeals and US Circuit Courts.
- Admission to the bar of any US state of territory (with a high preference on NY at a minimum);
- A strong desire for public service, particularly in the areas described above and;
- Fluency in both Spanish and English (at a minimum, although knowledge of other languages preferred).
- Experience in Immigration Law is not required, but preferred.
- The successful candidate for the above position has a genuine passion for protecting the rights of foreign-born individuals in the United States, and a deep interest in making a long-term commitment to our well-respected and rapidly growing practice.
- S/he is an absolute team player with a demonstrated record of achievement; genuinely enjoys working with people and is committed to excellent client service;
- Is well organized and self-motivated;
- Possesses excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Is fluent in technology, particularly the Microsoft Office suite;
- Able to successfully manage an independent caseload.
- Candidates currently residing outside of the United States will not be considered.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Hempstead, New York, United States