White & Case is looking to hire a litigation associate for their offices at multiple locations across the United States.
About White & Case
White & Case is an elite global law firm serving leading companies, financial institutions and governments worldwide. With lawyers and staff operating from more than 47 locations, working in virtually every country of the world, the firm has invested heavily in building a high-quality full-service practice competing at the top of the market.
About the Opportunity
White & Case are currently looking for a mid-level intellectual property litigation associate with a background in electrical engineering or computer science to join their Silicon Valley, Washington DC, New York, Boston, Chicago, Miami, Houston, or Los Angeles office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducting brief or somewhat more complex research, or drafting of memoranda (search for judicature, commentaries to specific legal issues)
- Support both patent counseling and patent litigation for matters that touch upon EE or CS
- Communication with clients (via telephone, E-mail)
- Involvement in due diligence – analysis of agreements in data room and their subsequent description
- Providing direct assistance to senior lawyers on matters arising in the course of day-to-day provision of legal services to leading international and domestic corporate clients
- Joining educational seminar and practice groups
- 3+ years of relevant law firm or in-house experience
- Background in electrical engineering or computer science
- Strong IP litigation background
- Admitted to the Bar of the State the role will be located and practicing in, or eligible to take the bar exam or waive in
- Admitted to the USPTO a plus
- Strong academic record and intellectual curiosity, creative thinker
- Commercial and business awareness
- Ability to see the big picture
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Strong time management skills, ability to stay calm under pressure when juggling multiple projects
- Excellent drafting skills
- Driven by professional growth
- Strong professional presence
- Client service focus
- Team player
- Strong judgment
- Proactive, resourceful, takes initiative
The annual salary range for this position is $295,000 – $370,000.
This role can be based in Silicon Valley, Boston, NY, DC, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles or Miami.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below the post to apply.