McKINNON Legal, Florida is looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced paralegal for their office.
About the Firm
McKINNON LEGAL is an experienced law firm serving the people of Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties in the State of Florida.
About the Opportunity
McKINNON Legal, Florida is looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced Family Law paralegal for their Florida office. The paralegal will draft legal documents such as affidavits, prepare briefs, conduct legal research for trial preparation, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist lawyers in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits
- Help lawyers prepare for trial by preparing and organizing exhibits, assisting with client meetings, filing motions, conducting research on legal articles, and organizing and coordinating witnesses
- Arrange law office activity such as drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- Organize case filing systems to ensure all documents are properly sorted and easy to locate, and other administrative duties as needed
- Hold client interviews to gather information about their legal problems
- Must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Must have great time-management skills, and organizational skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and talent for writing and grammar
- Candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have advanced paralegal education will receive preference
- 3+ years of legal service experience under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
$37,000 – $47,000 yearly
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.