Netflix is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Coordinator, Public Affairs – Public Policy for its office in Mexico City, Mexico.
Netflix is an American subscription video-on-demand over-the-top streaming service owned and operated by Netflix, Inc.
Netflix is changing the way more than 232 million subscribers around the world enjoy entertainment. As a company, we challenge industry norms by pushing one another to think creatively about complex questions.
About the Opportunity
The Netflix public policy team is an experienced group of public policy experts who work in close partnership with their business counterparts to advance the strategic goals of the company.
We are seeking a new member of the Public Policy team to coordinate our public affairs efforts in Latin America. These efforts include: supporting research, campaign development, and stakeholder engagement which help to advance the advocacy led by our policy leads in the region.
This is a great opportunity to work with a regional team on incubating and rolling out highly impactful engagements and partnerships with public institutions and multilateral organizations in Latin America.
The successful candidate should be able to combine great organizational skills and a passion for public policy issues that impact the entertainment industry. The candidate should also feel comfortable working with different teams across our business to ensure the scale and impact of our work.
- Working closely with the regional and country Public Policy leads to developing and deploying engagement opportunities with local stakeholders.
- Coordinate cross-functional work with key internal partners to develop and roll out engagement strategies. This will be better achieved by developing strong relations within the legal team as well as with comms, marketing, production, and content.
- Support the team by planning overall deliverables and resources, and navigating multiple projects across different countries in Latin America.
- Work with external agencies and partners to deploy external engagements.
- Contribute to producing regular analysis on the impact of the engagements.
- Eliminate time-sensitive bottlenecks and produce high-quality deliverables with appropriate velocity.
Preferred Candidate Profile
- Two to three years of professional experience as part of a comms, legal, and/or public policy team.
- Demonstrable experience in policy and developing proactive/entrepreneurial projects.
- Proven experience as a strong individual contributor to Public Policy projects.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editorial skills.
- Understanding the challenges of the creative economy and emerging creators behind the camera would be an advantage.
- A commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion is essential.
- Fluency in English and Spanish
Mexico City, Mexico