Netflix is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Content Protection Coordinator for its office in Los Angeles, California.
Netflix is an American subscription video-on-demand over-the-top streaming service owned and operated by Netflix, Inc.
Netflix is changing the way more than 232 million subscribers around the world enjoy entertainment. As a company, we challenge industry norms by pushing one another to think creatively about complex questions.
About the Opportunity
The Content Protection team sits as part of the broader Public Policy team and, amongst other workstreams, is tasked with protecting the growing number of Originals launching on the Netflix service each month.
The Content Protection team is currently seeking a coordinator who will support internal tactical take-down efforts, with a focus on social media, and assist with broader Content Protection work as needed.
This is an opportunity to be part of an established and fast-growing company that is changing the future of entertainment around the world.
The Content Protection Coordinator will have social media expertise to help drive efficiency and a sustainable social media content protection strategy. This role will strive to deliver optimal social media platform operations while aligning with and contributing to our overall industry content protection initiatives.
- Strategically protecting content on social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, and TikTok
- Having expertise with social media fingerprinting, dispute queues and issue queues
- Liaising with social media partners and managing project timelines
- Ensuring cross-functional best practices for Content Protection on social media platforms
- Thinking analytically, with experience driving insights using data available in social media platform tools
- Supporting title protection workflows and operational initiatives
- Supporting broader policy and social media policy work
- Paralegal skills are not mandatory but would be positively valued. Ideally, the candidate should have experience in anti-piracy initiatives and be well-versed in managing an effective notice and take-down program including experience working with YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Google, TikTok and other well-known online platforms.
- Additionally, the ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative, be an effective cross-functional communicator, and will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization. They will also be excited and inspired by the Netflix Culture.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a social media or content protection-related role
- Strong understanding of content protection best practices and industry trends, with a focus on social media platforms
- Experience with social media management tools such as Rights Manager and Content ID
- Experience with data and social media platform analytics
- Familiarity with copyright laws and enforcement
- Legal background, skills, or qualification is a plus
- Experience with dashboarding tools such as Tableau or Google Data Studio is a plus
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $80,000 – $325,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy.
Los Angeles, California.