The Matian Firm is looking for an admitted attorney for an extremely promising Associate Criminal Defense Attorney position.
About the Firm
The Matian Firm, APC is a premier law firm headquartered in the heart of Los Angeles and supplemented by their companion branches in San Jose, Ontario, and Fresno.
About the Opportunity
This is an opportunity for a dedicated Associate Attorney to gain valuable experience and further their career with a established firm in the San Jose area. As the Associate Criminal Defense Attorney, the candidate will report to the Managing Criminal Defense Attorney. The Associate Attorney will manage their caseload, as well as handle client interaction and collaborate with the Criminal Defense Team of Attorneys and legal assistants.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Advise client on their legal rights in matters and draw up legal documents about their case
- Attend pretrial hearings on behalf of clients and advise clients following each hearing about best strategies
- Manage court appearance, trail, drafting motions, interviewing witnesses and performing legal research
- Analyze probable outcomes of cases using knowledge of legal precedents
- Manage workload of cases
- Provide legal analysis for clients to determine any possible case benefits
- Accrue additional evidence to support clients case or for arguments against the prosecutions charges
- Prepare clients for depositions; determine essential goals of case strategy and gather information from witnesses and important experts that support client’s positions
- At least 3 years of Criminal Defense Experience
- Experience handling complex criminal cases at the federal, state and local level
- A team player who is open to helping, strategizing, and working with your fellow associates
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required
- Interpersonal skills of the highest caliber
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.