The Legacy Lawyers is currently seeking applications for Attorney at their California Office.
About the Company
The Legacy Lawyers are an Orange County trust administration and litigation law firm that helps Southern California based family trust successor trustees perform their duties as trustees. Their attorneys and staff are specially trained and experienced in assisting trustees with trust administration, asset collection, the preparation of penny accurate trust accountings and with the enforcement of trust terms.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with firm members and clients (in writing, in person, and by telephone) to determine and modify client goals and case strategies,
- Collect evidence to support your client’s position
- Answer client questions about law, facts, procedures, and case status
- Guide clients through probate, and trust and conservatorship administration and litigation matters
- Conduct legal research, draft memos, and develop strategies
- Draft status reports, discovery plans, client letters, opinion letters, demand letters, settlement proposals, petitions, declarations, motions, and settlement & trial briefs
- Conduct and defend depositions (of parties, third party witnesses, and experts)
- Propound and respond to form and special interrogatories, requests for documents, and requests for admission
- Subpoena records from third parties and witnesses scheduled to appear at trial
- Summarize discovery
- Make court appearances
- Participate in settlement conferences, present evidence, advise clients on the strengths and weaknesses of their cases, and analyze probable outcomes
- Handle bench trials (when ready)
- Active California Bar member in good standing
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess effective research and writing skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced office environment
- Exceptional ability to provide professional, efficient, and friendly client services
- Computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite
- Gold-level medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Simple IRA retirement plan (firm matches your contribution to 3% of your salary)
- 10 days paid vacation
- 7 paid holidays
- 3 paid sick days
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.