PayNearMe is currently looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Associate Legal Counsel to join their team.
About the Company
PayNearMe, a service of Handle Financial, is the industry’s only platform that facilitates cash, debit, credit and ACH payments. With its great mobile experience, PayNearMe’s technology provides a simple way for businesses to collect payments through an intuitive, consistent experience for their customers.
About the Opportunity
This position will report to General Counsel. In this role, the legal counsel will be responsible for inbound and outbound commercial contracts, non-disclosure agreements, and other legal projects as they may arise. This position provides the legal counsel with the opportunity to handle a variety of deliverables and work cross functionally with other business units within the organization (e.g. finance, HR, compliance, sales, and product marketing).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts including vendor contracts, technology agreements, and partnership agreements
- Research, draft, and update internal company policies in areas of employment, privacy, security, regulatory compliance, etc
- Gain proficiency in and working knowledge of our products and services
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments in payments, privacy, consumer protection, and the various industries that we operate in (e.g. lending, online gaming)
- Develop and refine processes, procedures and standard contract forms
- Partner directly with General Counsel, legal team, and cross functional teams
- Work on various other legal and regulatory matters as they arise
- Graduate of an accredited law school
- Admission to practice law and in good standing in state of residence
- Minimum 2 years legal experience (in-house, financial services, and/or fintech are nice-to-haves!)
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Organized, punctual, and deadline driven
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize accordingly
- Team player willing to pitch in where needed
- Willingness to learn quickly and adapt in changing environments
$155,000 – 167,850
- Great compensation package plus extensive benefits
- Remote working opportunity
- Fast-paced and professional work culture
- Company-paid health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Stock options package
- Stimulating start-up culture committed to diversity and inclusion
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental bonding leave
- Team outings and events when permitted
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post. Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Santa Clara, California / Remote (Flexible)