Rudyuk Law Firm is looking for a mid level associate attorney for their New York Office.
About the Firm
Rudyuk Law Firm is a boutique firm specializing in all aspects of family and divorce law in New York including all five boroughs and Westchester and Long Island counties.
About the Opportunity
Rudyuk Law Firm is looking for an mid level associate attorney for their New York Office with a minimum 4 years of experience working in a matrimonial firm in New York.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Communicate with other attorneys and paralegals to effectively move through the civil litigation process
- Help solve divorce and family issues for clients through analyzing the situation, understanding their needs, and creating a strategic plan of action
- Handle the division of marital assets during divorce proceedings as needed
- Advise and advocate for clients in child custody disputes
- Keep client files properly organized and up to date
- Represent clients in court proceedings as needed
- Draft pleadings, motions, contracts, marital settlement agreements, divorce judgements, support orders and other orders for a high volume of cases
- Draft and/or edit motions, affidavits, pleadings, legal arguments, testimony, and trial briefs
- Hearing Preparation , Client Representation , Case consultation & strategizing with client
- Communication with opposing parties, court, and others
- Perform case law research to identify and apply relevant judicial decisions, statutes, legal articles, codes, and other pertinent material
- Investigate the facts of a case
- Review and monitor new and updated laws and regulations
- Edit & approve substantive correspondence
- Advising clients on the development of their case objectives
- Ensuring transparency of the firm’s casework
- Answering client’s questions in a timely fashion
- Keeping clients aware of their case status to their satisfaction
- Abiding by the ethical rules of the profession
- Thorough & timely counseling clients on settlement versus contesting issues
- Promoting an excellent client experience
- Other tasks as assigned by Senior Attorney
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in a matrimonial firm in New York
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, especially in highly stressful and emotional situations
- Member in good standing and actively involved with the American Bar Association
- Technical training or knowledge: Basic business software (MS Office Suite), Email client software, Dropbox software and cloud service, eFax, case management software, Legal research software (Westlaw, Lexis), and other computer and telephone technology as may be implemented and required for the position.
- Professional training or knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge of legal principles and practices
- Thorough knowledge of legal research techniques
- Thorough knowledge of legal terminology
- In-depth knowledge of state laws and regulations
- Work experience in same or similar job: At minimum Four (4) years of the divorce law firm or related attorney experience. Exemplary work experience in family law practice areas.
- Required general education or equivalent: Juris Doctorate from ABA law school. Timely compliance with CLE requirements.
- Required Licensure: Admitted to practice law in New York and satisfactory standing with the State Bar.
$110,000 – $150,000
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.