Wilson Elser is currently seeking eligible candidates for the position of Municipal Liability Defense Attorney.
About Wilson Elser
Founded in 1978, Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm with more than 1,000 attorneys, across 42 offices in the United States and one in London.
About the Opportunity
Wilson Elser is currently seeking a Municipal Liability Defense Attorney. This role is has the flexibility to be based in either our White Plains or NYC offices but will require frequent travel to White Plains.
This is an excellent opportunity for lawyers with litigation, employment, and civil rights experience who are looking to grow in their careers and take on increased and substantive defense litigation based responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Independently manage a litigation caseload, working cases from beginning to end
- Work closely with other attorneys and partners on legal projects
- Regularly handle court appearances and depositions
- Communicate with clients and provide status reports
- Handle cases involving 1st amendment, police, and land use issues
- JD from an accredited law school
- Admitted to practice in New York State
- 2+ years of defense litigation
- Experience with general liability and municipal liability defense matters
- Ability to integrate into a fast-team-oriented environment
- Strong writing skills are a must
The salary range for this position is $105,000 to $160,0
Perks and Benefits
- Excellent Benefits including a 401k match
- Professional development programs including in-house CLE and National Attorney Training
- Generous PTO plan
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Corporate Discount Plans
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply by sending their credentials to AttorneyRecruiting@wilsonelser.com and putting “Municipal Liability Defense Attorney” in the subject line.
White Plains, New York.