Wilson Elser’s Milwaukee office is looking for an experienced litigation paralegal to join them.
About Wison Elser
Founded in 1978, Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm with more than 1,000 attorneys, across 42 offices in the United States and one in London.
About the Opportunity
Wilson Elser’s Milwaukee office is looking for an experienced litigation paralegal to join their Paralegal Service Center. This Paralegal Service Center in Milwaukee supports a wide variety of practice areas in all of their 40 national offices. This position will join a team working for a major national client.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Draft discovery requests and answers
- Draft stipulations, orders, motions to compel, motions for show cause, notices of IME
- Redact claim files
- Process and follow up on authorizations for the receipt of medical, employment, worker’s compensation, disability, tax, union, educational and other records
- Communications with experts, including IME doctors, in particular the selection of materials to be sent to experts
- Prepare records, review and prepare exhibits, and trial preparation
- Review, analyze and organize document productions by opposing parties and co-defendants
- Review file for outstanding discovery in preparation for court appearances, pleadings, depositions and trial preparation
- Determine, prepare and organize material needed for expert witness review
- Assemble chronologies of key documents
- Manage documents and organize case files
- Trial preparation, including determination and preparation of exhibits, witness materials, and pre-trial filings
- Prepare supportive materials for mediations
- Facilitate ESI collection and review
- Prepare materials and exhibits for depositions
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years’ experience as a litigation paralegal in a fast paced, high volume, team oriented environment
- Experience with pretrial discovery, hearings, arbitration and trial preparations are helpful
- Must be able to prioritize tasks for multiple attorneys
- Must be able to multitask and successfully manage a variety of demands daily
- Clear and effective communication skills both orally and written
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite and document management systems.
- Must be able to work independently and be proactive
Perks and Benefits
- Excellent Benefits including a 401k match
- Generous PTO plan
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Corporate Discount Plans
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply by sending their credentials to Careers@wilsonelser.com and putting “Milwaukee Paralegal” in the subject line.