White & Case is looking to hire a Legal Assistant (International Arbitration) for their Washington DC office for a hybrid role.
About White & Case
White & Case is an elite global law firm serving leading companies, financial institutions and governments worldwide. With lawyers and staff operating from more than 47 locations, working in virtually every country of the world, the firm has invested heavily in building a high-quality full-service practice competing at the top of the market.
About the Opportunity
Under the direction of the Manager of Legal Assistants, the Legal Assistant (International Arbitration) will assist and provide support to the Firm’s clients and case teams. The legal assistant will work in a fast-paced environment under the supervision of attorneys in providing legal services to clients.
They may also work with other personnel at the Firm in delivering legal services to clients. Legal assistants will be requested to perform other duties as required. Necessary are strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment under strict deadlines, effectively manage multiple responsibilities, keep accurate and timely time records, and meet budget and deadline demands.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Legal and factual research using library, online, and outside resources
- Participation and preparation of documents for production, filings, and submissions
- Maintenance and indexing of case files
- Preparation of material for depositions, witness interviews, etc.
- Summarizing and digesting transcripts
- Exhibit preparation for pleadings, trials, hearings, etc.
- Cite checking and shepardizing legal memoranda, briefs, articles, opinions, etc. and creation of Tables of Authorities and Contents
- Preparing pleadings and supporting materials for filing or service
- Creating electronic and hard copies of trial books, case binders, etc.
- Preparing for and attending depositions, hearings, trials
- Arranging for court reporters, interpreters, conference rooms, etc.
- Creating charts, graphs, tables, etc. for data analysis and synthesis
- Utilizing firm resources to accomplish above tasks
- Preparing accurate and timely daily time entries and records for services performed
- Utilizing e-discovery software programs and other spreadsheet and database programs as needed to perform client projects
- Four year college degree with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.5
- Strong academic background
- Clear and concise writing skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Related work and/or internship experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to work overtime and long hours
- Basic knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity and competency with technology
- Ability to follow through on projects
- Ability to work under pressure and with a variety of personalities
- Ability to work with and liaise with colleagues in other internal departments (e.g., Office Services, Practice Technology, Global Technology Services, Research & Information Services, Operations, Practice Assistants, Document Services, etc.)
- Excellent professional and personal references
- Excellent judgment
- High ethical standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to travel as needed
- Advanced Spanish-language proficiency skills needed
This is a hybrid role where the legal assistant will also have to work in the Washington office of White & Case.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below the post to apply.