Wilson Elser is currently seeking a Paralegal to join a fast-paced, successful Intellectual Property team for their Garden City office.
About Wilson Elser
Founded in 1978, Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm with more than 900 attorneys, across 42 offices in the United States and one in London.
About the Opportunity
Wilson Elser is currently seeking a Paralegal to join a fast-paced, successful Intellectual Property team for their Garden City, New York office with 2 – 3 years of immediate prior paralegal experience with a concentration in trademark and copyright matters.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing the Trademark Docket on a specialized software platform, including entry of new domestic, international, and foreign national trademark applications
- Review and docketing of deadlines, and entry of amendments to application and registration data in the Trademark Docket on a consistent and ongoing basis
- Communication regarding trademark matters with handling attorneys, clients, the USPTO, and foreign counsel
- Preparing client trademark docket reports and responding to requests from handling attorneys and clients for status updates on trademark matters
- Preparing reports on office actions, amendments required in trademark application matters, certificates of registration, and grants of protection
- Communicating with foreign counsel on required Powers of Attorney and obtaining legalized documents as needed for foreign trademark matters
- Written discovery preparation and compliance supervision — internal and external
- Witness interaction for critical information gathering, and deposition process
- Discovery and substantive motion support, such as drafting and preparing, as commensurate with skill set
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- 2 – 3 years of immediate prior paralegal experience with a concentration in trademark and copyright matters
- Able to quickly learn proprietary software systems and databases
- Proficiency with Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Must be proactive, responsive, and capable of managing multiple projects for different attorneys, with a consistent high quality of work
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to deadlines
- Able to thrive in a team-based, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and writing skills
The annualized salary range for this position is $50,000 to $60,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors.
Perks and Benefits
- Excellent Benefits including a 401k match
- Generous PTO plan
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Corporate Discount Plans
Garden City, New York
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by sending their credentials to Careers@wilsonelser.com and putting “IP Paralegal” in the subject line.