Shell is looking to hire suitable candidates for the position of Legal Counsel- Digital for its Houston office.
About the Organization
Shell Energy is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries.
About the Opportunity
The LDCoE serves as Business Lawyers to CSDI as well as Subject Matter Experts (“SME”) to the broader Shell Legal community. The Team is the primary Legal Integrator for digital projects led by CSDI, and together with legal and functional SMEs, help CSDI in developing and exploring new business models and solutions in a safe and compliant manner, balancing value against the risk at hand.
The Legal Counsel Digital will have autonomy and be expected to provide networked performance with other teams, including legal professionals in Intellectual Property, IT/Cybersecurity and Ethics & Compliance (e.g. Data Privacy, Information Risk Management and Trade Controls).
The role requires excellent networking skills to scan the horizon for existing and emerging digital legal issues and opportunities arising from Shell businesses and create legal strategies that result in lasting tangible value.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as a Business lawyer to CSDI, with a greater focus on US activities.
- Act as a Lead Legal integrator to CSDI-led projects, interacting with, seeking advice from and developing close partnerships with other Shell Legal and Functional stakeholders to support the delivery of digital projects.
- Provide support on legal topics involving Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Internet of Things and Edge, High-Performance Computing, Virtual Reality, Data Science, Computational Science, Commercialization of Digital Products, and Contribution to Open-Source Software, with a greater focus on US activities.
- Act as a Legal Digital SME for Shell Legal regarding non-CSDI led digital projects across Shell
- Share your knowledge with the team members, other Legal and functional colleagues, and provide trainings to CSDI on legal topics as relevant / needed.
- Monitor legal and regulatory developments, with greater emphasis on US jurisdiction, and translate those into actionable points for the Business to operationalize.
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis
- Minimum of 7 (seven) years of experience focused on a combination of these areas: Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Internet of Things and Edge, High-Performance Computing, Virtual Reality, Data Science, Computational Science, Commercialization of Digital Products, and Open-Source Software
- A law degree and professional legal qualification in the US
- Licensed in the State of Texas or able to obtain a license in a reasonable period
- An agile mindset complemented with excellent legal and strategic judgement
- Deliver all aspects of legal services with a view to operational excellence, supported by a culture that embeds and sustains differentiating behaviors and networked performance
- Demonstrate the highest standards of ethics and compliance
- Comfortable intervening to ensure compliance with Shell’s Business Principles, Code of Conduct, Control Framework and Ethical Decision-Making Framework
- A subject matter expert in the laws and regulation relating to Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Internet of Things and Edge, High-Performance Computing, Virtual Reality, Data Science, Computational Science, Commercialization of Digital Products, and Open-Source Software.
- Strong business partner with excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks associated with digital project delivery
- Demonstrated interest and experience in digital innovation and digital technologies, and enjoy following and sharing the fast-paced developments in the industry
- Strong business acumen and can take a risk-based approach to legal issues
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and less-defined legal and business environment with clients who seek pragmatic legal advice
- Open to and interested in continuous learning, both of legal and technological developments
- Enjoy working in a hybrid team that is committed to creating a collaborative and transparent work environment that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion in all forms
- Experiment with digital tools that are available within Shell and are continuously looking for opportunities to improve the work and/or ways of working with such tools
How to Apply?
Click on the link below the post to apply.