Jackson LLP’s Illinois office is looking for eligible candidates for the position of Healthcare Attorney (Junior Lateral).
About Jackson LLP
Jackson LLP is a boutique healthcare firm with a client-centered ethos and friendly work environment.
About the Opportunity
Jackson LLP’s Illinois office is looking for eligible candidates for the position of Healthcare Attorney (Junior Lateral). The attorney must be barred in Illinois, New York, or California.
The ideal candidate will be attracted to Jackson LLP’s entrepreneurial culture and have a deep commitment to excellence in their work. The candidate must understand the framework of the CFRs and the regulatory scheme that underscores much of the work of a regulatory healthcare attorney. Crucially, they must have an exceptional attention to detail.
Work hours are approximately 8:00/8:30 until 5:30/6:00 each day.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide legal support to clients including medical professionals, small- to mid-sized healthcare practices, and mHealth companies on licensure, scope of practice, regulatory compliance, and day-to-day business issues
- Review employment contracts and negotiate contract terms on behalf of individual healthcare professionals, or represent established practice in contract negotiation with potential new employee
- Draft employment contracts, independent contractor agreements, physician collaborative agreements, and other such documents in compliance with all applicable healthcare laws
- Prepare clients’ HIPAA policies and procedures and advise clients on topics relating to HIPAA compliance
- Advise clients both orally and in writing as to questions regarding the Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, Stark Law, EKRA, CMP, and related or state equivalent laws
- Conduct consultation calls with potential clients wherein you will introduce them to the firm, assess their needs, and discuss next steps
- Provide supportive, non-competitive, encouraging, and positive guidance and supervision to junior attorneys, law clerks, and administrative staff at the firm
- Supervise and guide Jackson LLP’s junior attorneys and law clerks, including: assign projects, review projects prior to delivery to the client, critically analyze research findings and suggest next steps, and support their professional growth
- Actively engage in continuing education about healthcare topics, including reading healthcare legal news, staying apprised of current events, and monitoring courts for health-related decisions impacting the firm’s clients
- Actively barred in Illinois, New York, or California
- Professional or educational experience in the preparation and negotiation of contracts
- Professional or educational experience in regulatory and transactional work (not litigation)
- Knowledge of health law, including federal and state laws, hospital and health care regulations, and knowledge of legal aspects of contract agreement negotiations, practices, and structures
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to deliver error-free work to clients on tight deadlines
- Able to effectively communicate challenging topics in a clear manner to both clients and those over whom you have supervisory responsibility at the firm
- Friendly. Jackson LLP is a supportive firm that is committed to being a pleasant, mutually supportive, and warm work environment. Competitiveness is not fostered or tolerated.
- Must be conscientious about and vaccinated against COVID-19
The salary range for this position is $65,000 plus benefits.
Perks and Benefits
- Health insurance (with employer contribution)
- Dental insurance (paid by employer)
- Vision insurance (paid by employer)
- Short-term disability insurance (paid by employer)
- 401k retirement with employer match
- Paid personal time off
- Paid holidays
How to Apply?
Click on the link below the post to apply.