Google is looking for eligible candidates for the position of Product Counsel for multiple locations.
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company focusing on artificial intelligence, online advertising, search engine technology, cloud computing, computer software, quantum computing, e-commerce, and consumer electronics.
About the Opportunity
Google is seeking eligible candidates for the position of Product Counsel to work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. The counsel will be part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers.
As an integrated part of the team, the Counsel will proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide Product Counsel support as teams across Core build and design for regulatory readiness, to address privacy, content regulation, competition, consumer protection, and more, including to build and prepare systems and services that have compliance built in.
- Ensure compliance with U.S. and international laws and regulations particularly with respect to privacy and data protection, content, competition, and intellectual property.
- Work across product, eng, PgM, and Global Affairs to respond to regulatory inquiries from data protection authorities, regulators, and competition authorities, and liaise with industry groups and KOFs.
- Advise business clients and colleagues, on legal issues and risks, approval processes, and company policies and procedures.
- Lead or Co-lead pcounsel coverage for a number of cross-Core/cross-PA regulatory readiness efforts, including initiatives around signed in and signed out consent, consent copy and UI, and transparency surfaces.
- JD, equivalent degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience as a practicing attorney.
- Admitted to the bar in which position is located and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status).
- Experience advising business teams on GDPR, ePrivacy, COPPA, AADC, P2B, evaluating product impact of proposed regulations like the DSA, DMA and EU AI regulation, including working with public policy colleagues to provide comments on such draft regulations.
- Experience presenting to senior executives with excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Substantive legal knowledge in privacy and security, consumer protection, content moderation/regulation, and competition.
- Ability to apply Google’s risk principles and make risk calls with imperfect information.
- Can be flexible in a fast paced environment with limited direction, balance competing priorities and manage several time-sensitive projects at once.
The annual salary for this position is $217k-$318k.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below the post to apply.
San Francisco, California; Atlanta, Georgia ; Mountain View, California; Los Angeles, California; New York; Chicago, Illinois.