Amazon.com Services LLC is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the position of transactional lawyer to join the Amazon Legal team supporting Project Kuiper.
Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company focusing on e-commerce, cloud computing, online advertising, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence.
About the Opportunity
Amazon.com is looking for a transactional lawyer to join the Amazon Legal team supporting Project Kuiper, Amazon’s initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
They are looking for a stellar lawyer to be embedded with the Kuiper team and lead fast-paced, complex negotiations on a variety of cutting-edge space technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities
The candidate will support and elevate the Kuiper team by reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a variety of contracts in your orbit, including component purchase agreements, license agreements, service agreements, and manufacturing agreements and providing advice on software development, intellectual property, supply chain, and a variety of other legal issues as they arise.
The successful candidate will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways and engineer processes that address gravity and risk to provide the business with flexibility and freedom to move quickly.
- J.D. degree and membership in one state bar is required
- 2+ years of experience as a transactional attorney
- 2+ years of experience drafting and negotiating technology transactions (supply chain work preferred but not required)
- Ability to understand complex technical details
- Fundamental understanding of Intellectual Property needed, but deep understanding of intellectual property is a plus
- 2+ years of experience at a law firm
- A mix of law firm and in-house experience a plus
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excited and passionate about innovating on behalf of our customers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The base pay for this position ranges from $105,200/year to $195,700/year.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below the post to apply.