GE Appliances is looking to hire professional candidates for the position of Deputy General Counsel – Litigation & Risk Management at Kentucky, USA.
About the Organization
GE Appliances is an American home appliance manufacturer based in Louisville, Kentucky. It has been majority owned by Chinese multinational home appliances company Haier since 2016.
About the Opportunity
GE Appliances is looking to hire professional candidates with 15+ years of experience for the position of Deputy General Counsel – Litigation & Risk Management at Kentucky, USA.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervising legal support for product safety and environmental health and safety (“EHS”) for the business
- Supervising risk management, which includes insurance coverage oversight, product liability, commercial disputes and government inquiries
- Manage all phases of litigation from the investigation, pleadings and discovery through the pre-trial, trial, settlement and appeal processes
- Direct and manage all aspects of a complex and varied litigation portfolio, including affirmative and defensive litigations and administrative proceedings
- Develop strategies and implement plans to resolve any disputes involving the company
- Respond to demand letters and agency matters, including government-initiated inquiries and audits
- Work closely with business partners to understand and mitigate risks and influence business positions
- Manage Risk Manager and Paralegal, responsible for identifying and communicating legal risk for the organization
- Evaluating and advising on the insurance needs of the organization
- Manage third-party administrator, manage insurance billing and disputes
- Provide internal training on policies and procedures, updating and creating new policies where appropriate
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school with active bar membership, in good standing, in any US state and ability to gain admission to the Kentucky Bar as in house counsel
- 15+ years experience practicing law in a law firm and a corporate legal department, with focus on litigation, risk management and industry-related issues
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of litigation including arbitrations, class actions and Intellectual Property disputes
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective and inclusive leader, orientation towards business growth
- Substantive understanding of key business issues and knowledge of finance mechanisms
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to advise GEA personnel
- Demonstrated ability to create successful partnerships with business leaders
- Practical and enthusiastic problem-solver who is confident, flexible and calm and under fire
- An ability to quickly prioritize as well as execute while exhibiting a sense of urgency, superb judgment and professional wisdom
- Strong oral and written communication and advocacy skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly matrixed environment
How to Apply?
Please click on the link at the end of the post.
Louisville, Kentucky, USA.