Issue One, Washington is hiring and inviting applications for a Legislative Associate job from professionals.
About Issue One, Washington
Issue One is committed to winning game-changing federal reforms to fix our broken political system and create an inclusive democracy that works for everyone. Since 2014, Issue One has worked to educate the public and Congress to pass legislation to increase transparency, strengthen government ethics and accountability, reduce the influence of big money in politics, protect the freedom to vote, and strengthen U.S. elections. Issue One is a nonpartisan, nonprofit advocacy organization that unites Republicans, Democrats, and independents to win game-changing federal reforms to fix our broken political system and create an inclusive democracy that works for everyone.
About Legislative Associate Job Opportunity
As part of the legislative team, the Legislative Associate supports the organization’s mission overall in a variety of capacities, including legislative support, strategic analysis, project management, event planning, policy research and information gathering, and more.
Role and Responsibilities
- Works both independently and with a team in researching, writing, planning, and executing IO’s legislative goals and priorities in the areas of election protection, congressional modernization, ethics, and money in politics.
- Schedules and attends, as assigned, Hill meetings and follows up with congressional offices.
- Ensures coordinated, cohesive efforts between Legislative Team and other IO departments and programs.
- Serves as principal staffer managing Issue One’s day-to-day work on congressional modernization issues, including maintaining relationships with external stakeholders, coordinating the Fix Congress Working Group, and participating in the Fix Congress Cohort.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date legislative trackers and software.
- Works with the Legislative Director to help engage and deploy Issue One’s ReFormers Caucus to advance IO’s legislative goals.
- Produces written materials as needed on Issue One’s issue agenda, including testimony, op-eds, letters, blog posts, etc.
- Assists with the editorial flow as needed (editing, proofreading, etc.)
Eligibility for Legislative Associate Job
- 2+ years of experience in a similar legislative role; and
- Proven experience with major organizational event planning.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.
Hybrid (two days per week in the office)